Since our founding in 1956, FFA Architecture and Interiors has been committed to delivering design excellence in all that we do. Our people are the reason why. We share the values of integrity, transparency, open communication, and collaboration. Our dedication to quality and craft means that our work is timeless, rooted to its place on the planet, and representative of the people it serves.
If you share these values and have a desire to invest in a career at FFA, we’d like to meet you. We offer competitive salaries and benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Insurance
- Voluntary Vision and Dental
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Subsidized TriMet Passes
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401 (k) Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Office activities include: Design charrettes, CEU lunch & learns, community service events, staff adventures and celebrations.
FFA is an equal opportunity employer providing a professional, creative, and collaborative team work environment. Our office is located in downtown Portland’s central business district, directly on the transit mall.
PROJECT ARCHITECT – FFA is seeking a talented, highly motivated full-time Project Architect with intermediate- (10-12 years’) experience to join our medium-sized architecture and interior design firm. Must have experience in programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration services for both public and private commercial work. A background working in an open, collaborative, and creative team environment is essential.
Compensation is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of commercial and institutional architectural design
- Ability to work closely with clients and cultivate client relationships by providing consistently excellent service
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to travel to local and regional project sites
- Proficiency in schematic design software including Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in both Revit and AutoCad on commercial or institutional projects. Must be familiar working with shared central files, worksets and visibility settings.
- Bachelor of Architecture professional degree from an accredited institution
- A licensed architect is preferred.
- LEED Accreditation preferred.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Design team and documentation management for various sizes and scopes of commercial or institutional projects
- Construction drawing production
- Coordination with engineering and other consultants
- Zoning and building code analysis and implementation
- Technical analysis, design, and detailing
We invite qualified candidates to email a resume and references to: Troy Ainsworth, Principal, <email@example.com>. No phone calls, please.