Since our founding in 1956, FFA Architecture and Interiors has been committed to delivering design excellence in all that we do. Our people are the reason why. We share the values of integrity, transparency, open communication, and collaboration. Our dedication to quality and craft means that our work is timeless, rooted to its place on the planet, and representative of the people it serves.
If you share these values and have a desire to invest in a career at FFA, we’d like to meet you. We offer competitive salaries and benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Insurance
- Voluntary Vision and Dental
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Subsidized TriMet Passes
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401 (k) Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Office activities include: Design charrettes, CEU lunch & learns, community service events, staff adventures and celebrations.
FFA is an equal opportunity employer providing a professional, creative, and collaborative team work environment in Downtown Portland.
INTERN ARCHITECT – FFA is seeking a talented, highly motivated full-time Intern Architect with 1-3 years’ experience in this capacity to join our 33-person architecture and interior design firm. Candidates to have experience in programming, conceptual design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration support for both private commercial and public work.
Candidates must understand how architectural components are constructed and how materials come together in a space. The ability to critically think through design opportunities at this level as well as detail those connections in a drawing set is essential, as is a background and enthusiasm for working in an open, collaborative, and creative environment.
Compensation is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of commercial architectural design including planning , programming, design studies, systems coordination, documentation permitting, and construction administration support;
- Ability to work closely with multiple client types and personalities to cultivated client relationships by providing consistently excellent service;
- Outstanding communication and time management skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects of large and small scale with multiple and overlapping deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as an active team member
- Proficiency in creating presentation materials within the Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ability to take ownership of projects and tasks and consistently deliver design excellence;
- A high level of integrity, work ethic, professionalism, and the desire to invest in a career at FFA.
- Bachelor of Architecture professional degree from an accredited institution or equivalent architectural-based design degree or work experience;
- REVIT and CAD expertise for commercial projects.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Project management support for various sizes and scopes of commercial projects;
- Production of construction drawings and coordination with project specifications;
- Collaboration with architectural teams to develop the design and documentation of various projects;
- Proficiency in Sketchup modelling
- Enscape modeling/rendering
- LEED Accreditation
We invite qualified candidates to email resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Max file size 5MB. No phone calls, please.)